API Security Workshop
RegTheory API Security workshop is designed for organizations who would like to understand more about securing API endpoints and protecting the organization from cyber attack.
Intro to API Endpoint Security
Identify Security Weaknesses that can be Targets
Understand how Potential Hackers Perform Reconnaissance
Deep Dive into OWASP API Security Top 10
Identify & Mitigate Third party API Vulnerabilities
This workshop is designed for organizations who would like to understand more about securing API endpoints and protecting the organization from cyber attack.
- During the workshop delegates will work with some of the common tools used by potential attackers and understand how to test applications for security issues.
- The workshop deep dives into the components of understanding, documenting, and modelling threats and mitigations.
- Each element of the workshop provides sections for discussion, demonstration, examples and use of practical elements of API security.
- We utilize simulation of the type of attacks and issues listed on the OWASP top 10 API security list.
- The workshop enables delegates to identify and fix security flaws that exist both within their own code and within the integration environment into which it will be deployed. They will learn the important questions to ask when evaluating security risks, and how to think from the perspective of a potential attacker.
- By the end of the course delegates will be able to mitigate the most common attack vectors, produce secure APIs that expose the smallest possible target to attackers and identify flaws in third-party APIs.